Even though I wasn't born here, Aiken feels like home.

Come see for yourself! What are you waiting for?

Friday, June 20, 2008

there's nothing special about it, really :)

It's just a simple little macaroni salad, that's all. I don't know why everyone raves about it, lol. I don't really have a 'recipe' - it is one of those things that you just kinda throw together. So here is how I make it. But first, I really have to give a shout out to my blog buddy, Valerie! I really haven't done much baking or cooking over the past year. It is just not much fun to bake for one. Reading her recipes got to me. I began to realize how much I truly missed mixing something up in the kitchen. Thanks Valerie. So, I made an arrangement with my neighbors that I will be bringing them goodies, etc.. from the kitchen on occasion - - with one piece missing, lol.
Anyway, back to the macaroni salad.
Cook some elbow macaroni. (you know how to cook pasta)
after it's cooked - drain and rinse with cool water.
put the drained macaroni in a bowl - and add: chopped onion / chopped celery / chopped green pepper / a few tablespoons of light mayo / a can of tuna fish - drained...... and just mix it all up. Should be more on the DRY side. Not real wet with mayo like on some of those salad bars. If you are going to a party....slice up a couple of hard boiled eggs and put them on top of the salad..sprinke w/paprika. cover with saran wrap and chill for at least an hour before serving.

enjoy :)

No comments: